Help and Support For Students

If you are a STUDENT…

  • … and are a national of any of the six countries specified in the March 6 executive order (Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen) with questions or concerns about travel or other immigration matters, please contact the Bechtel International Center ( for assistance. Bechtel staff will facilitate scheduling a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss your specific situation.

  • … and are a non-U.S. citizen seeking information about immigration or travel issues, contact the Bechtel International Center ( for assistance.

  • … and need help with an issue or concern regarding undocumented status, contact the Immigrants’ Rights Clinic of Stanford Law School for a free consultation.

  • … and are seeking mental or emotional health support, contact Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at (650) 723-3785. Individual CAPS drop-in sessions also are available at the Bechtel International Center on Mondays from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. during the summer. In addition, in partnership with CAPS, The Markaz: Resource Center will provide mental health resources for students during the summer, including a weekly group therapy meeting and one-on-one drop in sessions with Dr. Rania Awaad, both available on Thursdays. The full schedule of these offerings is available here.

  • … and need assistance with impacts on your graduate study at Stanford, please contact the Graduate Life Office at (650) 736-7078.

  • … and need assistance with impacts on your undergraduate study, please contact your Academic Advising Director (AAD) or, if you are a student athlete, the Athletic Academic Resource Center (AARC).

  • and your  plans to seek employment, internships or postdoctoral opportunities have been affected by the executive order, contact these individuals at the appropriate university career centers for guidance and assistance:

Financial assistance

The Opportunity Fund makes financial assistance available to students for urgent, short-term needs. Click here for additional information and an application.

Another resource for students is the Dean of Students Office.